|lypo causes hernias?
Apr 16, 2002
I have developed an umbilical hernia. It is of course unsightly. My doctor says I should not have it repaired until underlying lypo (which in my case is severe) is resolved.
I would say the bulge at this point is between and an inch and two inches. It makes it necessary to wear my shirt out of my pants..
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The umbilical hernia is a congenital weakness in the muscles. Pressure on it from the large abdomen might exacerbate the hernia. There seems to be some reason to believe that using a glitazone agent or metformin might reduce the size of the abdomen. Timing of the surgery is tricky. If you are really uncomfortable, then you should go for it sooner rather than later. Good luck! DTD
headaches from sugar
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.