strange reaction to exercise

Hi doctors, My question comes in two parts. First if you can "pinch the pudge" with weight gain that is flabby and you just generally look soft and giggly, is this just overindulgence and not true lipo?

Also, I experience the strangest reaction to exercise and diet that makes no sense. It seems the more I exercise (not even that strenuous), eat less calories (but by no means starve), and get down to a healthier weight, the more my hair fails out. It seems as if my hair is just dropping as I run on the treadmill, yet If I let myself go and lay around for a few days I don't lose as much hair (although it still sheds more than a normal person and I think it's one of my meds). This makes no sense because the "healthier" I try to become, the balder I get. Help please.

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Overeating and lack of exercise (with a calorie overload) generally shows up as additional subcutaneous (directly under the skin) fat stores that you can pinch. You can also layer some of the other type of fat at the same time. But if the gain is pretty much the pinchable type, you can generally lose that with diet and exercise.

The reaction you describe could be a lot of things. If you want to check your diet to see if anything is glaringly out of order, talk with a dietitian to evaluate it for you. There could be a medication interaction and your doctor and pharmacist should look through your list of medications (including any supplements) to look for possibilities.

ASAP Please
Weight loss- reversible lipodystrophy?