Apr 11, 2002
Dr. Dieterich I need to gain weight... I am 6ft and only weigh about 150 pounds. I have tried Megace, ensure and ensure plus and several other over the counter brands. but nothing works. I have been hiv+ for 11 years and my last t-cell count was 810 and viral load is undectable. I have always been thin, but I need to put on some weight.. I try to eat healthy. is there anyway of slowing my metabolism down? thanks Tom
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The first thing to do is check your testosterone level and if low to supplement it! If not you can consider anabolic agents like deca or oxandrolone. However you should not try to make yourself something you are not and to try to get above your idea body weight! DTD
Can too large of dose cause lipodystrophy?
- HIV Risk After Touching Vaginal Fluid
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Burning Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.