high sgpt

Dear Cade, After a test showing my sgpt level is high,(sgpt=43),I wonder if I should be on a diet to make it normal. If so, what kind of food should I avoid.

Best regards, Mahir

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Dear Mahir,

"High levels" is a relative term. A normal range for SGPT (also known as ALT) is 0-48. Your current level is within normal and does not indicate a need (at least not on this information alone) for special dietary restrictions.

In order for diet restrictions to be appropriate, the level would have to be well above the normal range (more than 2 times higher) and even then, it would greatly depend on why the liver enzymes are high.

So, with the information you have provided, no dietary restrictions are recommended for you. That is good news! I should say, though, that general diet recommendations for a healthy and varied diet that emphasizes fruits and vegetables may still be wise.

MRI Scanning for my brain
how long before you know?