How to manage facial wasting?

Over the last several months my face has collapsed and become sunken. In a matter of months I have visually aged 15 years. The rest of my body is fine and has not changed. I am 6'3" at 198 lbs. I am HIV pos for 20 years, T-cell count aprox 350-450 and viral load about 3000 and on HAART. The only other sign of lipodystrophy that I am exhibiting is enlarged veins in my inner thigh. Is it possible to reverse this face-specific wasting? My self-confidence is destroyed by this development

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Facial Wasting,

This can be associated with HIV medication, you don't mention if you are taking any now. Changing meds or taking a holiday can certainly stop the progression. It occassionally gets better then, but not usually. There are many surgical ways to correct it and if you look at the many answered questions here you may be able to find one that suits you. Good luck! DTD

plastic surgery in canada
Vitamin E toxicity?