Rosiglitazone?

Do you know if rosiglitazone is available now and how it differs from metformin? My doctor said that rosig. may increase fat (which would be great for my face). He also said metformin may also help my face to fill in a bit. I read something that differs with the metformin comment. It said that metformin may decrease visceral AS WELL AS SUBCUTANEOUS FAT! That would not help my face although it would help my stomach. Do you have any accurate information that would help to clarify these issues? Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Rosiglitazone is now available and works in a slightly different fashion than metformin. I am not sure if there is any real data on whether it would help facial wasting. Both may help visceral deposits, although the data is still coming in. Trials are ongoing. Both though will help insulin resistance. DTD

facial wasting and exercise
IRON supplement for MEN, safe??