Facial Implant Success

I have had custom-made facial implants inserted 2 yrs ago in LA for facial wasting and am happy with the result. However, one must be careful to select a plastic surgeon who knows how to custom design the implants as "off the shelf" implants will not fill in the volume that has been lost and the result can look artificial. In addition to the surgery's cost(12-15,000 for custom-designed)depending on whether you need to have jaw implants, too,one might need to have collagen touch up every four months to smooth out the deep laugh lines that can still be present. I have been following the New Fill story and heard the surgeon from France speak at the Lipodystrophy meeting in Cannes last May. He also displayed a poster at the recent Retrovirus meeting. However, there is no mention in his poster about durability and he was not available for questions.

Response from Dr. Fisher

Thanks for your comments. I too saw that poster at Retrovirus. Liked the photos but needed more follow-up data. They should have lots of people out to a year and some out to 2 years. Maybe they will present the data at the European LD Workshop in April or the Internation Conference in July. AF

Lipoatrophy acceleration with Drug Change?
Lipodystrophy Please help (facial fat therapy)