Sustiva

I decided to start taking L-Glutimane as a precautionary measure against lypodistrophy or wasting. It says to take it on an empty stomach. Sustiva is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach or by avoiding high fat foods. I take the Sustiva when I go to sleep. Should I be concerned about side effects if I take the L-Glutimane at about the same time as the Sustiva? Thanks for your help.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The glutamine is an amino acid and should have no fat content at all, so theoretically it should not interfere. However, I have not seen any interaction studies on these two, so you may want to contact the manufacturers to be absolutely certain. DTD

Re: treatment for testicular atrophy - DD
L-Glutamine / suggested doseage is 40 Grams daily?