Feb 10, 2001
I decided to start taking L-Glutimane as a precautionary measure against lypodistrophy or wasting. It says to take it on an empty stomach. Sustiva is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach or by avoiding high fat foods. I take the Sustiva when I go to sleep. Should I be concerned about side effects if I take the L-Glutimane at about the same time as the Sustiva? Thanks for your help.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The glutamine is an amino acid and should have no fat content at all, so theoretically it should not interfere. However, I have not seen any interaction studies on these two, so you may want to contact the manufacturers to be absolutely certain. DTD
Re: treatment for testicular atrophy - DD
L-Glutamine / suggested doseage is 40 Grams daily?
- Itchy Vagina After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
- How Often Do You Get Hepatitis B Vaccination?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.