Feb 10, 2001
How long is TPN usually kept in place? Is there a good chance of getting off it and stabilizing for a while? He's been on it for 4 months now and still can't keep much of anything down.
Response from Dr. Fisher
A tough problem. To get off TPN you have to control the weight loss and wasting. I have had the most success by giving optimal antiretroviral therapy with specific therapy for specific infections as well as an anabolic agent. Duration of TPN varies, depends on the patient!
- Is Dry Cough A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- HIV Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sex With Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.