The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

New-Fill (Polylactic Acid) treatment - AF
Feb 10, 2001

From: Stevie B -- The recommended dosage as pioneered by the Dr who used to work in La Salpitiere Hospital in Paris, is 3 cc into each cheek. The first set works and lasts for about 1 week until the body has absorbed the amount of water that is mixed with the product. 3 more sessions each x 3 cc and each set about 2-4 weeks apart is the total amount needed to restore the cheeks. I am currently the first UK guinea pig and the Dr flew to Manchester to perform the procedure in front of my own HIV Consultant and some other doctors working within the hospital. I'll be going back to Paris for the next set early in the New Year. Be aware that it is not sufficient simply to inject the product in one position. Multiple insertions in each cheek to build a kind of lattice work of product are needed. Each set of injections requires less water/more product ratio and it is this gradual build up of product which interacts within the skin layers to stimulate the bodies own natural collagen production. Trials in France and Switzerland which have been ongoing for about 2 and 1/2 years show the full course lasts about 18-24 months and then a simple top up set (1 injection) every couple of years thereafter.

Response from Dr. Fisher

Thanks for the information. Maybe you could ask the Dr to send me some additional information.

I can be reached via this forum.


Will liposuction keep off side effect of weight or it return?
DAAIR to begin distribution of New-Fill - AF

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint