Protein Power Diet & HIV

I was diagnosed with HIV about 1 1/2 yrs ago. (Last test results VL 374, CD4 563)Not on any HIV meds. I am overweight (60lb) and high blood pressure. My doc said I have to avoid fad diets and the sort. How safe is the Protein Power diet? Is it true that we (HIV+) MUST have carbs and the rest?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There are no musts for HIV diets other than they must be well balanced. I agree with avoiding fad diets. Exercise is also key to weight loss and blood pressure control and that would be key to any weight loss program. Good luck! DTD

weight loss
Carnitor, Coconuts, and GH