|Protein Power Diet & HIV
Mar 3, 2002
I was diagnosed with HIV about 1 1/2 yrs ago. (Last test results VL 374, CD4 563)Not on any HIV meds. I am overweight (60lb) and high blood pressure. My doc said I have to avoid fad diets and the sort. How safe is the Protein Power diet? Is it true that we (HIV+) MUST have carbs and the rest?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There are no musts for HIV diets other than they must be well balanced. I agree with avoiding fad diets. Exercise is also key to weight loss and blood pressure control and that would be key to any weight loss program. Good luck! DTD
Carnitor, Coconuts, and GH
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Emotional Effects Of Stds
- What Are Vaginal Odor, Dizziness, Headache And Diarrhea Signs Of?
- How Hiv Enter Into Mucous Membrane?
- How Long Does Hiv Survive In A Sealed Container?
- I Have Herpes And Had Unprotected Oral Sex With Escort
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.