Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

New-fill and silicone
Feb 7, 2002

Dr. Fisher I wanted to throw my 2 cents in on some recent posts about new-fill and silicone injections. I have now had 4 sets of injections of new-fill. I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed in the results. I am now toying whether or not to do a fifth or stay where I am. As is well documented, the intial apperance is great. But even days after my fourth session, to my eye I look like I did before the first session. My friends tell me they notice a difference. To me it doesn't seem noticable. I will have to decide if I want to continue. At least for me in San Diego, there is no real "travel" cost to go to TJ. I don't however want to throw good money after bad.

If anyone was or is in a similar boat as me, I would appreciate your input.

Also, with regard to the silicone injections, it is my understanding that in the US this is not legal - perhaps just in CA??? A prominent HIV Dr in LA is working with the FDA to do a clinical trial of the droplet silicone treatment. But this is not supposed to start until April - May. Am I missing something here??

Thanks again

Neal

Response from Dr. Fisher

Don't know about silicone injections. And yes some people seem to need more than 4 injections of PLA. But maybe your friends are right and you have improved. Sometimes the patients themselves are the worst judge (of improvement real and imaginary) AF

Previous
Decreasing ratio - am i done for
Next
testosterone and diminishing returns

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.