Crix and fluids

Thanks Dr.Cohen for joining the body! My question has probably been asked alot but can't get an answer. I just started Crix and love lemanade, I was told it is ok to drink during the down hours. Now I'm told that all I can drink is coffee(no cream),tea,and water. Can you give me an answer? Thanks

Response from Dr. Cohen

Happy to join the BODY. Thanks for your welcoming comment.

And your questions is particularly needed, with summer on the way... My understanding is that there is not much cause for worry with Crix and lemonade, especially if it is unsweetened, or artificially sweetened. The issue, as we understand it, is that food - specifically fat and high number of calories, is the problem. So - starches and fats get in the way of Crix. But fluids don't. And that stomach acid is way more acidic than lemonade, so should not be an issue at all. There might be some distant theoretic worry that the sugar in the lemonade might be enough to interfere though this seems less likely... Nonetheless it would be safer to use minimally sweet lemonade, or if you can stand it - artificially sweetened versions.

Hope that helps. Let me know if others disagree, and we can always track Merck down for more details on this one...

CC

Abnormal fat redistribution, in legs, arms and face from P I
lipodystrophy and truncal obesity