Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Feedback on the limitations of New-Fill
Jan 18, 2002

Dr. Fisher:

I read with interest the recent e-mail from the individual who complained that he saw little to no results from his New-Fill treatments performed in Mexico. That is unfortunate; however,I know that from my own personal experience, having moderate to severe facial wasting, that New-Fill has in fact made a significant difference in my appearance. To date, I have completed four sessions, with two more to go. I couldn't be happier. I do want to thank you Dr. Fisher, for being so gracious in listing my updates on my New-Fill experience as I submit them to you for others to see.

Dr. Frechette in New York City has been performing my treatments since October 2001. I have overheard him tell individuals that call him on the telephone that some people may not get the results they expect from New-Fill because of things like extensive prior facial surgery, such as implants or silicone injections, or even structual deficients in their face, or the integrity of their skin. I have heard him tell individuals who still insist on New-Fill despite having these issues that he did not think they would be a good candidate for New-Fill and subsequently referred them elsewhere. In fact, I was in his office one day when he referred someone like this to Mexico because they didn't want to accept what he was telling them. This is the reason why I have total faith in Dr. Frechette and his treatment of New-Fill for me. I am well aware that there is no guarantee of the durability of New-Fill beyond a 12-month period based on past studies. I am prepared and willing to have an additional treatment once a year if needed to keep my face intact. Bit I have to tell you, I am still amazed at how my face has been restored. It's wonderful to look in the mirror again and see the face I had prior to wasting. Dr. Frechette not only performs the New-Fill treatment, he also provides emotional support, and reality based expectations.

Once again, thank you Dr. Fisher for the opportunity to have my voice heard. I respect your hesitation to fully endorse New-Fill until further medical studies are done, which is why I continue to write to you to provide anecdotal information in the meantime.

Sincerely, Michael.

Response from Dr. Fisher

Thanks for the update. The good results you have achieved are very encouraging for others. But of course as with any medical treatment not everyone will have similar results. For a variety of reasons as you indicated. AF

Previous
Lipodistrophy and losing weight
Next
more on new-fill

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.