lipodystrophy -- Legs, Vanity or Problem?

I am 34, 868 CD4 with a rising percentage rate, and a viral load that just blipped from ND to 1000. My med intake includes Sustiva, Epivir, Videx and Zerit with Testosterone and Vitamin B injections bi-monthly. I am severely allergic to Ziagen. Is there anything new on the horizon to help alleviate the road map on my legs? I know it is a vanity issue but it really bothers me. Thanks for any help that you can provide. CB-Kansas City

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear CB,

Would ask your MD to check your serum lactate, because if it is elevated, it may be necessary to change your meds off of D4T DDI. No miracles available. And even if you do change, there is no guarantee, though that the subcutaneous fat will return. Good luck! DTD

Bloated stomach
Anabolics - AF