New-Fill for Facial Wasting

Could some one tell me if New-Fill is approved for use in the U.S.? Is there some clinic or doctor doing this procedure on the west coast? Are there clinical trials for New-Fill being conducted in the U.S. that I could participate in. By the way, I strongly recommend reading the article at Medscape.com on the "Psychosocial Impact of the Lipodystrophy Syndrome in HIV Infection". Reading this article was as if they based this article on an interview with me. It was comforting to know that I am not alone.

I stopped going out in public, unless necessary, because people stared at me, or no one wanted to date me. My self-esteem has been shot. Doctors and healthcare workers dismiss or minimize the impact this has had on our lives. We are people in great pain and if it were you, you would feel the same or worse. It takes courage for us to walk out the door everyday knowing that people look upon you as one of them or to be discounted as a person because of this affliction. Sometimes we do think it might be better to be dead than face a future like this. Sincerely, Mike

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Mike,

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. The lipo-atrophy problem is a real one and greatly affects many people. Your articulate description should be helpful to others suffering from the same issues. DTD

CLA - conjugated linoleic acid
OF GLUTAMINE