|How much NAC
Nov 13, 2000
I am HIV+ with a relatively stable HIV VL of 380 and a Tcell count of 1008. I started taking NAC as a precautionary measure. How much NAC is recommended for people who are HIV+ if the bottle says take one 600MG a day? I realize that no FDA standards have been established, but what would you recommend anyway?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
2 or 3 per day, probably would not hurt, although, you may experience some gas and bloating. There is really no data and some people think you should go right to glutathione and bypass NAC. Good luck! DTD
New-Fill and methacrylate
Food and exercise to improve the quality of a HIV life
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.