Dec 26, 2001
is it uncommon to gain weight after being infected for 4 years without being on meds?
Response from Dr. Fisher
No it is not. The usual course of untreated HIV is for weight loss over time. But this usually does not happen until the disease begins to advance. You did not say how far along your HIV is, so I cannot speculate what is happening to you. If indeed your HIV infection is 4 years in duration and not in need of treatment then it is probably not advanced. So good luck in the future. AF
What implants are made of
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.