|lypo friendly first regimen
May 20, 2004
I am about to start my first regimen and was wondering about the possiblities of lypodistrophy with sustiva/viread/emtriva. How likely is it to develop sunken cheeks on it the first year and then as I continue on it for longer periods of time?
Response from Dr. Moyle
Available clinical trials data suggest the this combination or abacavir/3TC/efavirenz represent the two lowest risk regimens for fat loss whilst also doing the job regarding controlloing the virus and being the most compact and convenient regimens. So I think it is a good choice and as low risk as could be.
- My Friend Has Hiv Now What
- Can Hiv Be Spread By Two Negative People?
- Spotting Fake Hiv Test Results
- When A Person Is Incarcerated Do They Get Tested For Hiv And Std?
- Does A Mother Get Tested For Hiv Before She Gives Birth?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.