Legal Issues and HIVLegal Issues and HIV

Can I change my Power of Attorney?

my t cell count is at 81 and my viral load is non detectable...will my T cell count improve over time with my meds? Also I have signed my power of attorney over in the state of florida...is this easy to change now? any help would be great.

Response from Ms. Douaihy

Dear writer,

Thank you so much for the inquiry. Please get in touch a physician or one of thebody.com's esteemed medical experts to answer your questions about your T-cell count and viral load.

But I can advise you that you have every right to change your Power of Attorney(POA). A POA is an instrument that allows you (the "principal") to designate a trusted and competent adult (the "agent") to act on your behalf in legal, financial and other matters. To revoke an existing POA and do a new one, you have to execute a formal "revocation". The revocation must be done in writing, notarized and copies properly served on your agent as well as any other party who might rely on the power.

Check out the Florida Bar Association's helpful resources for information on proper notice and service requirements, as well as special rules regarding service of the revocation on entities like financial institutions.

Good luck!

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBConsum.nsf/0a92a6dc28e76ae58525700a005d0d53/ab36277c4562e98885256b2f006c5ad6!OpenDocument

Told no HIV inmates allowed
HIV and sexual partners