Legal Issues and HIVLegal Issues and HIV

Pharmacy gave me the wrong medications!

No one seems to want to help. Pharmacy sent medication to me for 4 months that I took. I have a letter from the Fraud department stating they reversed the medication charges and have counseled the pharmacy employees to prevent this from happening again. (Admission of guilt)The medication is toxic and was sent in full strength instead of lower dose building up to higher dose. This Medication has known contraindications with two of my other medications. This is an AIDS medication by the way. I have no history of drug abuse, no criminal history, My FICO is about 723, I own half a 1520sq ft Mobile home, and have a truck. I work part time as I can and had lost wages due to these medications side effects. Along with physical concerns while taking this medication I was suffering Aphasia that has almost completely gone away after discontinuing the medication.

Response from Ms. Douaihy

Dear Writer,

Thank you for submitting your query. From your brief recitation it sounds like you were given an incorrect prescription medication from your pharmacist and consequently you experienced injury after taking the medication for a period of time. I would advise you to do a consultation with a Personal Injury/Negligence Tort Attorney who can assess the merits of your particular case. Based on the few facts you offer, it sounds like your pharmacist may have acted without due care and in breach its duty to act prudently, directly causing you harm as a result.

Many personal injury attorneys work on a "contingency fee" basis. This means that if they accept your case for representation, they do not charge up front fees and will take a portion of the monies you get pursuant to a settlement or verdict after trial (if you prevail, of course).

Be advised that there are time limits that you must act within depending on your jurisdiction. In New York State for example, a negligence claim against a private party generally must be brought against the wrongdoer within 3 years of the incident causing harm.

To find a reputable personal injury lawyer, I would advise you to contact your state's Bar Association. You can find a map of state Bar branches on the American Bar Association website below. I wish you good luck!

ABA State and Local Bar Associations

Going to Army Basic next month and am worried
FEAR