Legal Issues and HIVLegal Issues and HIV

How to answer Continuing Disability Review SSA-454-BK

Just received forms and need help in completing. I have been diagnosed with AIDS, HIV+ 10 years ago. How should I answer Medical Conditions question? How about Daily Activities? Thank you.

Response from Ms. Douaihy

Dear Writer,

You should answer any questions about your medical condition and activities of daily living (ADLs) truthfully, specifically and sincerely. You may not have a lot of room to submit your answers, but you should do your absolute best to provide as much honest and specific information as possible.

Remember: the main question Social Security is asking is whether your impairments are severe enough that they prevent you from working. The Social Security Administration is, therefore, charged with making an objective assessment about whether you are too sick to work based on 1) your credible attestations and 2) medical documentation provided by your doctors. Be specific! Claimants should provide the particulars about the details of their condition as well as the symptoms, signs and manifestations of their illnesses. This way the Social Security Administration has an accurate picture of how one's impairments affect one's overall functional capacity on a daily basis.

I wish you good luck.

Treatments for non legals persons.
Going to Army Basic next month and am worried