The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Legal Issues and HIVLegal Issues and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How to answer Continuing Disability Review SSA-454-BK

Jan 14, 2013

Just received forms and need help in completing. I have been diagnosed with AIDS, HIV+ 10 years ago. How should I answer Medical Conditions question? How about Daily Activities? Thank you.

Response from Ms. Douaihy

Dear Writer,

You should answer any questions about your medical condition and activities of daily living (ADLs) truthfully, specifically and sincerely. You may not have a lot of room to submit your answers, but you should do your absolute best to provide as much honest and specific information as possible.

Remember: the main question Social Security is asking is whether your impairments are severe enough that they prevent you from working. The Social Security Administration is, therefore, charged with making an objective assessment about whether you are too sick to work based on 1) your credible attestations and 2) medical documentation provided by your doctors. Be specific! Claimants should provide the particulars about the details of their condition as well as the symptoms, signs and manifestations of their illnesses. This way the Social Security Administration has an accurate picture of how one's impairments affect one's overall functional capacity on a daily basis.

I wish you good luck.

Treatments for non legals persons.
Going to Army Basic next month and am worried

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint