Legal Issues and HIVLegal Issues and HIV

DISCRIMINATION

Can a chiropractor refuse me treatment? I'm both a transgender and HIV positive and was sent off to a whole other facility after meeting with the doctor.

Response from Ms. Douaihy

Dear Writer,

I am really sorry to hear this. Legally, you cannot be refused routine treatment by a chiropractor solely on the basis of your HIV status. A licensed chiropractor is place of "public accommodation" and prohibited from refusing treatment on the basis of one's disability (HIV qualifies in this context). If you were wrongly denied chiropractic treatment I suggest you immediately reach out to your city or state Human Rights Commission to investigate your options. For more information please check out one of my earlier relevant posts listed below.

Good Luck to you.

Health Care Discrimination

How to Fill Out Questionaires/Health Forms for + Children
Undetecteble