Becoming USA citizen
Apr 5, 2012
I just have a question, I am in the process of becoming a USA citizen , I just need to know if they can keep me from getting my citizenship because of my hiv status? I`ve been in the USA for over than 17 years. Please advise!!!
Response from Ms. Douaihy
Finally, HIV positive status is not a bar to becoming a U.S. citizen! As of January 4, 2010, HIV is no longer a "medical ground of inadmissibility" for lawful immigration or travel to the US.
There are, however, several important steps involved in obtaining a green card or adjusting one's status. For more detailed information on the process, check out the official information on uscis.gov. You can also read my prior relevant entry below. Best wishes!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Ampicillin Treat Chlamydia?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Is Brown Discharge A Symptom Of Vaginal Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.