Dec 3, 2001
If my viral load is over 10,000 does that leave me at a higher risk of becomimg infected with full blown aids?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is good data to suggest that in the absence of treatment, viral load is a very good predictor of the risk of progression to AIDS. People with a viral load of 10,000 do have a higher risk of progression to AIDS compared to those with a viral load of 500. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Exposure To Hiv Before Symptoms?
- How Long After Having Unprotected Sex Should You Get Tested For Hiv?
- How Long Does It Take To See Symptoms Of Hiv?
- How Does And A Woman With Hiv Infect A Man That Is Not Infected?
- Flatulence And Hiv
- How Long Do It Take To Raise Our Cd4 Count?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.