|viral load decreases while t-cell remains the same..taking noe meds
Dec 3, 2001
What is the significance of your Viral load at 3550/tcells at 355 and 29count? HIV positive for 8 months on no meds yet.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The current recommendations for starting treatment are when the CD4 is < 350 and the viral load is > 30-55,000/ml. Given your numbers, you are at a point where many experts might recommend starting treatment. Of course, 2 points, and better yet several points make a line, to determine what your trend is going to be and whether treatment should be started. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Could A Person Not Taking Meds Remain Undetectable
- When You Have Hiv Do You Cough And Sneeze And Have A Stuffy Noes?
- When You Have Hiv Do You Sneeze And Have A Stuffy Noes?
- Not Taking Aids Med With A High Viral Load
- Is Hepatitis Vaccination A From Of Bacteria Transformation?
- Mode Of Transmission Of Hepatitis B
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.