Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HEMOPHILIA AND HIV INFECTION IN ABSOLUTELY HETEROSEXUAL MAN
Nov 24, 2001

DEAR DOC. I AM STRICTLY HETEROSEXUAL MAN OF 43 YEARS OLD, I WAS DETECTED HIV + 2 WEEKS AGO IN A ROUTINE EXAMINATION BEFORE MARRIED, I AM AFRAID TO HAVE CONTRACTED HIV VIRUS IN 1999 HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A FEMALE DOCTOR, SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS PERFECT. LATER, LAST YEAR I DISCOVERED THAT SHE USED DRUGS AND SUFFERED OF HEMOPHILIA. IS THAT THE CAUSE OF MY INFECTION? THANKS F.C.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Her history might have put her at risk for HIV infection and in turn that is how you got infected. MH

Previous
HOW GOOD IS MY IMMUNE SYSTEM?
Next
HIV+ and cholesterol

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.