T-cells or viral load, which is more important?

Thanks for answering this. I was diagnosed in June 2000, t-cells 32, viral load 60,000. Since then have been undetectable and t-cells have risen to 182. My doctor is concerned that my t-cells are rising slowly which causes me to think that my immune system is permanently damaged. At this point can I expect my t-cell count to continually rise, although slowly, or should I be focused more on my viral load and not worry too much over the t-cell count? This is causing me some stress, so how important is the numbers game?

Since you started treatment when your CD4 count was extremely low, it is unlikely that your count will ever get much above 300. The important goal is to get your CD4 count above 200. Above that number, the risk of infectious complications associated with HIV are quite low. I would not dwell too much on the CD4 count. It is important to remain adherent and keep that viral load undetectable. MH

Genetic Mutation
HIV 2 prevalence