Nov 17, 2001
What percentage of the population lacks the receptors on their T-cells that HIV needs in order to establish infection? Would these people experience ARS like everyone else if they were exposed to the virus?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Probably < 5%, and we don't know the answer to your other question.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do I Keep Having Outbreaks Of Shingles?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does Gonorrhea Discharge Look Like?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.