|vl and drug holiday
Nov 17, 2001
Dear Dr. I started a holiday on 5/23.The vl started to rise as I expected but declined at last reading.I know that we never form decisions from 1 set of labs,but do you have an opinion?
Data: 5/14/01 935cd4 36 vl<<50 5/20 holiday 6/20 801 35 <50 7/13 796 34 259 8/17 855 35 5790 9/26 844 31 2990
I would have expected the vl to continue to rise.Highest ever vl 40,000.Thank you foryour help.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You are an interesting experiment. There may be some endogenous control of HIV replication going on. However, I am concerned about the CD4 percentage going down. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Needle Stick How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Blood On Hand
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
- Are Dark Bumps A Sign Of AIDS?
- Are White Bumps On Penis An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.