viral load blip?

Hi Dr. Holodniy, I was infected on 2/00 due to condom failure and went on meds after 1 month (initial VL was 41,000 and cd4 320). I have been on AZT, Ziagen, and Viracept with little or no side effects. I have been undectable for over 2 yrs with cd4 around 700-800 @ 36 -38. I am enrolled in Options and my VL test from 2 weeks ago came back over 1000 with cd4 still around 800. I will return next week for vl re-test. I am in shock and totally unnerved because I have never missed a dose. The only thing I can think of is 3 weeks ago I decided to change from Viracept to Viramune and was on 4 drugs - AZT, Ziagen, Viracept, and Viramune 1x daily. My doctor did not want me to just go off of Viracept until it was clear I did not develop the rash from Viramune. So how could I have had a vl rebound being on all 4 drugs?!?!? Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

Hmm.. It's likely a blip. I agree with the retesting and then reassessment. In many folks with blips there is no definable explanation. In your case if adherence was not an issue, there is a remote chance that there was some negative interaction action between nelfinavir and nevirapine. MH

Appointment w/ Doc Holodniy
I from third world - Need Help