Crixivan/Norvir vs. Viramune/Combivir on a budget
Nov 15, 2001
I was recently diagnosed HIV+. VL around 35,000 CD4+ 350. I am thinking about treatment. My doctor wants me to start on Crixivan, Norvir, Videx EC, & Zerit. Here in Thailand, this will cost over 400 a month. Another option is locally made Viramune & Combivir. This will cost about 60 a month. The savings are very compelling for someone with limited income. Do you feel the Viramune/Combivir would be as effective? Can I expect it to reduce my viral load to less than 50? Thank very much for your time.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swallowing Cum How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- What Is The Risk Of Toilet Splash?
- Is Red Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sore On Penis An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Picking Your Nose
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.