Crixivan/Norvir vs. Viramune/Combivir on a budget
Nov 15, 2001
I was recently diagnosed HIV+. VL around 35,000 CD4+ 350. I am thinking about treatment. My doctor wants me to start on Crixivan, Norvir, Videx EC, & Zerit. Here in Thailand, this will cost over 400 a month. Another option is locally made Viramune & Combivir. This will cost about 60 a month. The savings are very compelling for someone with limited income. Do you feel the Viramune/Combivir would be as effective? Can I expect it to reduce my viral load to less than 50? Thank very much for your time.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your System?
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up On A Blood Test?
- After Using Pep Is A Three Month Window Period Accurate
- Do Modern Elisa Hiv Tests Detect O And N Strains?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.