life span

dear dr, in a recent question asked by one of your askers, you said no cure but hope. he asked you will there be a drug that will help an hiv positive person live a full life span? you said you think so. well i asked you if i keep on taking my viracept and combivar reliogiosly , that i could live way passed retirement age. does this mean that the meds we have now only work so long? you told me that i could live a full life,way passed retirement age. can you explain this to me thxs.

The story is still being told. We now have patients going on 20 years with this infection. In many people the meds only work for a short while. There are many reasons for why this may be so. However in some people, meds continue to work effectively, and there is no reason why they shouldn't continue to work that way.

Western Blot for hiv 1
Crixivan/Norvir vs. Viramune/Combivir on a budget