|Western Blot for hiv 1
Nov 14, 2001
What bands show up on hiv 1 western blot if infected with Group O hiv 1? Will they show up as early as 10 months after infection or does it take years?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The bands will be the same as other HIV-1 strains. A western blot can be positive in as little as a couple of weeks. By ten months afte rinfection, it will be positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Have Trichomoniasis Is That Hiv?
- Chances Of Hiv Transmission Saliva To Cut Skin
- The Longest Anyone Has Lived With Hiv
- Hepatitis B Recurrence Symptoms
- If You Have Sex With Someone Hiv Postive What Are The Chances Of You Becoming Infected?
- What Happens If Hepatitis B Is Left Untreated?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.