|Western Blot for hiv 1
Nov 14, 2001
What bands show up on hiv 1 western blot if infected with Group O hiv 1? Will they show up as early as 10 months after infection or does it take years?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The bands will be the same as other HIV-1 strains. A western blot can be positive in as little as a couple of weeks. By ten months afte rinfection, it will be positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Western Blot Hiv 1 Or 2
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Burning Red Spots After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Hands After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.