Western Blot for hiv 1
Nov 14, 2001
What bands show up on hiv 1 western blot if infected with Group O hiv 1? Will they show up as early as 10 months after infection or does it take years?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The bands will be the same as other HIV-1 strains. A western blot can be positive in as little as a couple of weeks. By ten months afte rinfection, it will be positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- California Laws For Partner Notification For HIV
- Difference Between ARS And HIV Symptoms
- Does Hiv Cause Penis Pain?
- Does Long Lasting Herpes Outbreak Mean I Am Infected With HIV?
- Hiv Risk Unprotected Sex Insertive Vaginal Uncircumcised
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.