|Taking the HIV for the First time at age 40
Nov 10, 2001
Doctor since I have never tested for HIV and want to test would a elisa test be the test to take even if I was infected 15 years ago ? would it pick up the antibodies 15 years later ?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
An HIV antibody ELISA test would be the test to get.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Licking Vagina
- Do People Get HIV From Bleeding Gums?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Is It Possible To Get AIDS From Sucking Penis?
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Receiving Oral Sex?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Dried Blood
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.