Aidsvax vaccine-- how does it work?

I recently listened in on a call that Vaxgen had with investors and looked at their website. They said that their vaccine produces antibody immunity as opposed to cellular immunity. Could you explain what that means.

I was part of the study and was infected. I could have gotten the placebo but those results won't come out until a year or so. My cd4 absolute percentage over a month has increased from 34 to 40. Could that mean that my immune syestem mounted a substantial response? Additionally, my viral load went from 50K to 2K. I am awaiting the results of additional tests taken. I am very excited at the same time very tense. Are these results indicative of a secondary benefit of the vaccine perhaps?

I appreciate all the work that you do, and behalf of all of us that read your postings on a weekly and in my case a daily basis THANK YOU SO MUCH for the time you take in your response. GREAT JOB!!!

You get vaccinated with a small piece of HIV. Your immune system recognizes this small piece as a foreign protein and your B lymphocytes make antibodies against this piece of HIV. HIV vaccines can broadly be defined as preventative (it protects you from getting infected) or therapeutic (you are infected and the vaccine boosts your own immune system against the virus). If you are getting a therapuetic vaccine, then it appears to be doing precisely what it is supposed to be doing. MH

lymphnode CD4
Falling CD4 count