Cure in Ten Years...
Oct 21, 2001
You failed to mentioned that the overwhelming majority of HIV+ individuals alive after 20 years are those who refuse to take anti-retroviral medication.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not necessarily. Many chose to stay off. Others were convinced not to start by me and others when we saw based on CD4 and viral load trends, that is was probably unnecessary. Others stopped meds after some period of time again after trends over several years indicated that meds were probably not necessary.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Oysters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.