cd4 increase but cd4/cd8 ratio decrease
Jul 28, 2000
My cd4 increase from 297 to 441 and cd8 increase from 905 to 1617
So the cd4/cd8 ratio is decreasing from 0.33 to 0.27 it looks worse !! even though cd4 is higher.
How should I interpret this lab result ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There could be many reasons for this. Did you start treatment? Did your total white blood cell count and total lymphocyte count change between the two time points? Was there an intercurrent illness?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Chlorine Cause A Vaginal Discharge?
- Does Cancer Affect Hiv Antibody Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.