viral load undetectable cd4 count going down

my husband is currently on viracept, epivir and ziagen. his viral load is undetectable but in march his cd4 count was almost 400 and now in august it is down to 287. should there be reason for concern? his cholesterol has skyrocketed even with meds -- should this also be a concern? he is 53.

It sounds like he has had a great response. The cholesterol increase could be the result of the viracept. Although the CD4 count decrease could be concerning, I wouldn't react to one number. I would like to see a follow-up CD4 count and percentage. Many times we see blips in the counts, only to see them return back to the previous level.

MH

Relatively Low Viral Load
Medication resistant HIV