Sep 18, 2000
Just a quick questions. My doctor wants to do a genotyping test. Can you please tell me what that is for how is it done? what will it tell him? and how will this help me? what are they looking for
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your doctor is looking for evidence of drug resistance that your virus has developed as a consequence of HIV meds. Or alternatively, if you are newly infected, whether you received a drug resistant strain of virus. Genotyping looks at the genetic code of 2 HIV genes for mutations known to confer HIV drug resistance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Hpv Take To Develop?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.