Cure in ten years?

Dr. Holodniy, Do you think a cure for HIV could emerge in ten years from now? Are there people who got infected with HIV 20 years ago still are living? What is the longest life span of an HIV patient you have heard of so far? Thanks.

I am not sure we will have a "cure". Yes there are people who were infected 20 years ago. I have a few in my clinic. The oldest documented infection is hard to come by. That requires blood to have been stored and then retested for HIV antibody. In the literature there appear to be sporadic cases that are 30 years or older. The cases are not living.

Purple vs. yellow top tube?
Viral Load