Cure in ten years?
Oct 8, 2001
Dr. Holodniy, Do you think a cure for HIV could emerge in ten years from now? Are there people who got infected with HIV 20 years ago still are living? What is the longest life span of an HIV patient you have heard of so far? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not sure we will have a "cure". Yes there are people who were infected 20 years ago. I have a few in my clinic. The oldest documented infection is hard to come by. That requires blood to have been stored and then retested for HIV antibody. In the literature there appear to be sporadic cases that are 30 years or older. The cases are not living.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Te Puedes Contagiar Con Vih En Una Sola Exposicion
- Hiv And Threesome Oral Sex
- Is Nasal Congestion A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Acute Hiv Symptoms In Women
- How Long After Sex Can You Detect Hiv In Your Blood Test?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.