|Purple vs. yellow top tube?
Oct 8, 2001
I recently had a DNA PCR test, negative. Perusing through this site, I noticed that previously you had mentioned that for this test, the blood should be collected in a purple top tube. Mine was collected in a yellow top tube - is this okay? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Perfectly acceptable to use a yellow top tube.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Burning And Irritation?
- Is Brown Discharge A Symptom Of Vaginal Thrush?
- What Does A Lot Of Clear Vaginal Discharge Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.