HIV tests at early stage
Jun 14, 1999
Dear doctor .
which tests are the most important one to do to detect HIV at early stage ..and what is the name of the latest generation of viral load test.Thank you doctor for your response.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends on what early is. Nothing is 100% reliable within the first 4 weeks of infection. DNA PCR and viral load tests become positive by 4 weeks. Antibody tests within 4-12 weeks. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can Untreated Vaginal Thrush Last?
- Do Doctors Check If You Have Hiv Virus If You Have Mrsa?
- Can Hiv Cause Bleeding During Intercourse?
- Can You Get Hiv Throw Shaving Bumps On Your Pubic Hair Shaving?
- How Far Apart Are Hepatitis B Vaccines Given?
- Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy And Hepatitis C
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.