late stage cbc
Jun 24, 1999
hello dr.- you recently stated that a cbc count would remain normal in early stage hiv disease. But would the cbc be abnormal in late stage hiv?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It certainly can be low in patients with AIDS. It is usually a multifactorial reason (drugs, other infections, etc),which cause this to happen. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Much Folic Acid For Neuropathy?
- What Are The Possibilities Of Getting Hep C From A Needle Prick?
- Are People With Hiv Allowed To Work In Health Care?
- Can Hiv Be Detected Through A Normal Blood Test?
- Can Women Catch Hiv Letting Someone Eat Their Vagina?
- The Natural Reservoir For Hepatitis Viruses
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.