|viral load vs infectiousness
Jun 29, 1999
Dear Dr. My boyfriend is hiv+ and says that after 1 month of treatment his viral load is undetectable. He also said that this means that he isn't nearly as infectious. Does a low viral load lessen the chances of transmission?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Possibly. BUT, remember, HIV exists inside cells within blood and semen. Just because a plasma viral load is "undetectable", DOES NOT mean that those fluids are not infectious. Be safe. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.