10 days to repression?

I recentally learned that I was HIV positive which led to a decision by myself and my doctor to start a drug therapy of Ziagen and Combivir. After 10 days of therapy I had a severe reaction to the Ziagen but after doing blood work we learned that this short period had resulted in a viral load that was undetectable. My doctor did not seemed suprised at this and started a new series of drugs. Is it possible these drugs could work so quickly? Should I question the initial HIV diagnosis? Is there a test that could confirm HIV+ while the virus is repressed?

Depending what your baseline viral load was, it is very possible that your viral load could be undetectable in 10 days. Despite an undetectable viral load, the antibody test will still be positive. MH

how common?
its odd