Jul 19, 1999
sir, how common is it for you to see HIV infected patients test below 50 copies on viral load studies for many months after infection and they have never been on meds? isnt it ture that most people have a detectable load (with ultrasensitive tests) if they have never had medication for hiv? thank you.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Extremely rare to have undetectable viral load (<50) after acute infection in the absence of therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can A Man Do If He Thinks He Was Exposed To Hpv Genital Warts?
- What Are The Characteristics Or Identities Of Shingles?
- Ways To Get Rid Of Chlamydia
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
- What Is The Best Way To Keep Bacterial Vaginosis Away?
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.