VERY WELL ,VIRAL LOAD DOWN BUT CD4 LOW

DR MARK, I WAS DEDECTED HIV+ IN 1997 WITH ONLY CD4 COUNTS AT 44. AFTER THE TREATMENT OF AZT,DDI AND NORVIR,I AM VERY WELL AND MY VIRAL LOAD TESTED 5 TIMES SHOWED: (1)550 (2)650(3)3600 AND TWO TIMES INDETATABLE. BUT MY CD4 COUNTS IS NOT GOOD AT ALL (1)44 (2)104 (3)90 (4)126 (5)96.PLS TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG.

THANKING YOU

You did not say how long you have been on this regimen. It sounds like you have had a wonderful response with respect to viral load reduction. Your T cells have doubled. It's not great, but it is something. Sometimes is may take several months for the cells to come back and increase further. As long as the viral load is undetectable, I would stick with this regimen. You may see further increases in T cell count. MH

undectable NO MORE
Problem in formulating the right questions