how reliaiable is the AMPLICOR HIV 1 for C clade?

Hello and thanks for your expertise and time. I am infected with a non subtype B clade of HIV I, this was confirmed by the national institute of epidemiology in Mexico; my infection occured in Honduras; we dicovered the non subtype B infecction using a different reactive in serology because the subtype B based ELISAS and Western Blots didn't show reactive until we used a special reagent. When running roche's HIV 1 AMPLICOR, it showed less than 25 copies/mm, but when we used the CHIRON bDNA, it showed a viral load of 66,000 copies; my question is, amplicor assay is not accurate because the different clade or is not accurate the CHIRON assay?

Please advise.

Thanks.

The current version of Amplicor does indeed have some difficulties with subtypes A and C. The next generation of Amplicor assay has been modified to allow for detection of these subtypes. Clinical trials with this modification have been published. It should be available soon. Otherwise for treatment now, you may need to use the bDNA assay. MH

HIV Positive & symptoms already
Contradictions between Viral Load and CD-4